[3830] CQWW VHF K4JSI Hilltopper QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 19 13:40:41 EDT 2006

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K4JSI
Operator(s): K4JSI
Station: K4JSI

Class: Hilltopper QRP
QTH: FM19

    6:  37     33
    2:  12      6
-------------------
Total:  49     39  Total Score = 2,379

Wow - single and double-hop E skip on 6M.  Apparently there was some sporadic E
on 2M as well, though I didn't hear anything via that mode.  My FT-817 had some
problems due toand sunlight on the rig snd it's consequent operating
temperature.  Although I fancy I'll have about the lowest QRP Hilltopper score
(I should have had a bunch more QSOs on 6M), the 100 mile drive each way was
still worth it.  Glad I participated, and my thanks to those who copied me and
to the contest organizers