[3830] CQWW VHF K5RPD SOSB/6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 19 13:56:23 EDT 2006

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K5RPD
Operator(s): K5RPD
Station: K5RPD

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: AR / EM35

    6:  645   156
Total:  645   156  Total Score = 100,620

Club: Colony Mountain Contest Club

Comments:

My rig is a Yaesu FT920 using a Heil ProSet+ headset and a laptop with Writelog
for logging. My antenna set-up was a 30 foot push up pole that had a homebrew
moxon at 30 feet and a Cushcraft 3 element beam pointed the opposite way at 20
feet with guy wires directly under the beam at 20 feet.  Feedlines were RG213/U
type coax with PL-259 type connectors.
I ended up with 645 qso's and 156 grids for a claimed total of 100,620 points!
Not too bad for little antennas and no amplifiers.  I really enjoyed the contest
and saw some really high qso rates at times!  Maybe next year I'll have some
contact outside the US and Canada...