[3830] WPX CW IH9N(OL5Y) SO(TS)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 4 08:16:25 EDT 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: IH9N
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: IH9N

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH: Pantelleria

   20: 1126

Club: Tikirriki Contest Club

Comments:

Very bad propagation on 10/15 in comparison with the last year (I made almost
1000Q less on that bands). On 40/80 some QRN but it was acceptable (not as
horrible as in CQ WW DX CW - IS0N). Sometimes I felt like HP with monobanders
(especially on 20m), sometimes I could not make some strong stations...
Last year I made 2880 Qs, 8.5M points.
The prefix IH9 is un-copy-able for a lot of stations (especially for those who
call CQ at 40 WPM) despite my QRS and separation of the characters. I wasted a
lot of time to repeat and repeat and repeat...
RIG: IC756 + N1MM (first serious test, I am VERY satisfied)
ANT: 3el ECO tribander at 13m, Inv.V for 80/40 at 13m, no 160m.

I enjoyed the contest a lot! Thanks to all who found me on filled bands!

73!  Martin, OL5Y/OK1FUA