[3830] WPX CW P41S(@P43E) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 4 09:09:21 EDT 2006

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: P41S
Operator(s): WA1S P43E
Station: P43E

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Aruba

   20: 1047

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It was my first time in Aruba. The goal of the trip was to prepare for the WRTC
competition and play around in WPX CW. We were operating without an 80 or 160
meter antenna and the Pro 67 beam had a bad trap on 40 meters. We did manage
some Q's on 40 using the internal tuner on the Yaesu Mark V radio.

On 10, 15 and 20 we used a TH7 which performed flawlessly

During Saturday evening the air condition failed in the radio room and the room
became very hot, very quickly. It reminded me of operating in the tents during
the middle of the day on Kure Atoll :).

Ann WA1S