[3830] WiQP K8MR SO Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 15 20:41:09 EST 2006

                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: OH

   80:   25     7
   40:   22     1
--------------------
Total:   47     8  Mults = 29  Total Score = 2,958.0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I missed most of the WiQP while out doing tower work for a couple of local
friends.  Fortunately for that it was about the warmest day so far this
spring.

By the time I got on at 2330z, conditions were not great, and 40 kept getting
longer and longer. 80 was also quite noisy.

I logged this with a combined OK/WI log set up by merging the NA multiplier
files and making a hybrid contest template.  Post contest scoring is still
inconvenient, but had I been on for the several overlapping hours I think it
would have worked well for working guys in both states.  The problem of multiple
contests is one that software writers and contest sponsors need to deal with,
otherwise half of the potential out of state ops are going to have trouble
working guys in the other party.

See all you Cheeseheads from across the pond (Lake Michigan)in the Michigan QSO
Party on Saturday, April 15.  (QSOs with non-Packer fans welcome too!)

73  -   Jim   K8MR