[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N8UM Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 11 20:16:36 EDT 2006

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: Rover LP
QTH: TN

  1.2:   33    25
  2.3:    4     4
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  403   221  Total Score = 148,736

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The investment in mircowave is finally paying off.  Even with flat conditions,
the upper bands were a bonus.  Seemed like conditions improved to at least
average at noon on Sunday.  I found two new locations that are only 1200 ft
ASL, but clear shot to the horizon in most directions.  That really helped the
high band score.  I still need to work on the 2304 signal and equipment as
evidenced by the poor showing on that band.  Anyone have a 100w 2304 brick for
sale?

The equipment worked flawlessly for once and the new NCS switchboxes really
made band changes easy.  Not to mention returning to coordination frequencies
when a microwave contact failed...

I hope to haul the rigs and van to the TenTec Hamfest at the end of September.
Thanks to all the other rovers for their participation.