[3830] SAC CW N8II SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 19 11:50:10 EDT 2006

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): ~4

   80:    9     6
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  149    70  Total Score = 14,560

I was so busy this past week, that I didn't have time check the contest
 calendar, I thought SAC was probably the following week. Also, I made
 plans to go to a Potomac Valley Radio Club meeting in the evening, so
 effort was part time. I divided my time after 17Z between the SAC and
 the Washington State Salmon Run test as well.

 I started the contest about 1310Z on 15M and it was just starting to
 open to Scandinavia. I had pretty good luck calling CQ and getting
 casual ops with NR < 10 to answer. I worked 38 on 15M with propagation
 to all SAC areas except OH9 and SM2. Many sigs were around S9 and
 many serious ops from Scandinavia missed the opening. OH1F refused to
 work me stating he was working mults only, and never showed up to run
 stations. Eu died out on 15 around 1420Z, except that TF3YH was worked
 about an hour later.

 20M was full of the usual suspects, many with special contest calls
 especially from SM. Propagation died off gradually after 17Z, but I
 was still hearing a few stations well at 2030Z when I went out.

 When I returned at 0145Z, 40M was about as I would have expected with
 a few strong sigs thru a fairly high static level. 80M was quite noisy
 but sigs were about as good as they can get at this time of year. By
 0230Z sigs on 40 had faded at least 10 db from 45 minutes earlier, so
 I called it quits.

 Many thanks for an enjoyable day, with lots of good ops to work. I
 didn't have much trouble working anyone, a bit easier than past years
 to break thru the Eu curtain.