[3830] NA Sprint SSB W0BH HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 19 12:23:16 EDT 2006

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

---------------------

Team:

Comments:

My Sprint wish in reverse .. wish for the 20m SSB conditions in the CW Sprint,
wish for the 40m and 80m CW conditions in the SSB Sprint (still not saying much
but it would have helped). 20m was much improved this week with Qs scattered all
over the map including AK, KP4, MAR, KH6, and some close-in surprises. 40m was
noisy and not a signal heard on 80 for quite awhile before a few  brave souls
ventured down and successfully challenged the QRN. All day Saturday, Kansas had
35-45 mph winds and 90+ temps with a cold front pushing through in the evening.
Activating the rotator was an adventure, and tornado warnings two counties west
also kept things interesting.

Only worked AB, ON, and NS (MAR) in VE-land. Heard BC early on but couldn't
track him down. Missed and didn't hear ID, ND, NE, WV, MD, CT, and KS. I did
have IA on the line, but the Q was taken out by friendly fire (sorry, Scott,
missed your number). CA stations were really strong this year and the activity
there kept things interesting. Loudest station on 80 by far was W9RE.

Enjoyed the company. See you all down the log.

73, Bob, w0bh