[3830] CQ WW RTTY YL9T(YL2TW) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 25 12:48:20 EDT 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: YL9T
Operator(s): YL2TW
Station: YL2TW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Valka

   80:  240   497       7       43    13
   40:  478  1013       2       69    19
   20:  528  1219      37       83    31
   15:   51   124       0       29    13
   10:    8    15       0        6     2
Total: 1305  2868      46      230    78  Total Score = 1,015,272

Club: Latvian Contest Club

Comments:

Was fine and interesting as all the WWs, but the propagation was awesome! After
an aurora on Saturday evening the Sunday morning came as something unbelievable
- could not work any of stateside stations on 40m during morning hours. All the
Sunday I was fighting to get some extra mults on bands, but that really was a
struggle with conditions. During evening hours on 80m I got JT1CO with a first
shot, but several UR guys could not get me even after a second time(that's all
with a kW!!!). Despite it all I improved my last year number of made QSOs by
more than a hundred, while the points are practically the same - barely over a
million. I was glad about my decision not to go to OH0-land for this contest,
although that was discussed  long ago. So I hope to see You all and some more
next year again, probably in some better conditions.