[3830] WAE CW K5ZD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 12 21:23:44 EDT 2007

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: W1

   80:  171    10   132
   40:  352   350   114
   20:  583   780    96
   15:  117    90    52
   10:   12     0     8
-------------------------
Total: 1235  1230   402  Total Score = 990,930

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Back from two weeks vacation and feeling very rested and needing some contest
action.  Wanted to operate WAE to earn some qualifying points for WRTC 2010.

Only part time effort.  Operate a few hours then do other things.  Tried to
catch as many openings as possible.  Came up just short of my goal of 1 Million
points.  Not enough openings on 15m.

Saturday morning on 15m, the VY2 and VO1 stations were very loud, so knew
sporadic E was in play.  Listened on 10m and found DR1A calling CQ.  Spent next
15 minutes moving stations from 15 to 10.  Was only able to work Germany.  On
Sunday afternoon, RW1AC moved me to 10m. Also worked an ON and OM2VL.

Note to Eu ops: Do not ask me about QTCs if there is a big pileup!  It just
wastes all of our time.  On Sunday there was plenty of time for QTCs!

This contest needs more activity.  Was amazing to work so many stations on 3 or
4 bands and yet they would give me numbers under 100.

Worked 7 stations on 5 bands: DK5DQ, DK8EY, DL9AWI, DM1A, DR1A, DR4A, RW1AC
Worked 50 stations on 4 bands.

Here are the top countries for activity:

           80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total

    DL      71    128    200     58      9     466
     G       8     22     28      7             65
    OK      12     16     30      3             61
    SP       7     17     27      4             55
    UR       3     14     27      2             46
     F       5     13     20      4             42
    HA       5     12     18      4             39
     I       4     10     23      1             38
    UA       6      6     22      2      1      37
    PA       3      5     23      5             36
    YU       5     12     14      2             33
    S5       6     10     15      1             32

Almost nothing from Scandanavia!

This was a great test of the station in preparation for the Fall contest
season.