[3830] ARRL 160 AA9DY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 09:42:25 EST 2007

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: AA9DY
Operator(s): AA9DY
Station: AA9DY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Grayslake, IL

Total:  QSOs = 332  Sections = 67  Countries = 4  Total Score = 44,890

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Goal for me was to try to complete my 160-meter Worked All States.  Managed to
work 48 states this time around, but still puts me 2 states short of WAS, when
combined with the 38 states from the last 160-meter test.  Missed WY and AK
this time around.

Section-wise, I had a lot of trouble getting into California and Canada.

Missed PR, WTX, LAX, ORG, SB, SDG, SF, SJV, AK, WY, AB, BC. MB, NL, NWT.

Still had a lot of

fun.  My peanut whistle station, with a low inverted L, did better than I
expected it to.

Rig:  FT-920
Antenna:  Inverted-L (25 foot vertical section with the rest horizontal
approximately 20-25 feet off of the ground)
Software:  N1MM Contest Logger (v7.10.11)