[3830] ARRL 160 W7WHY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 17:13:50 EST 2007

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY + PACKET
Station: W7WHY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR

Total:  QSOs = 137  Sections = 35  Countries = 3  Total Score = 9,864

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Operating LP from the PNW is humlblng.  Don't know how the QRP guys do it.
My call to QSO ratio was probably about 10.

After I worked all the CA, OR, and WA stations, it was call and get "?" "?" "CQ
test."  It is amazing how some stations can pick up my call the first time and
others who are S-9+10 can't hear me.  W8JI and K4TD are 2 that come into
mind--they picked out my call the first try.

I looked at the packet screen and see all the Eu stations spotted and thought
to myself, "Yeah, right." :-)

I really need an amp for this band.  But, I love the 160 contest.  160 meters
is a really fun band.  73 and thanks for the Q's.
Tom W7WHY

TS-450SAT + inverted 'L' antenna.
N1MM LOgger 7.11.3