[3830] CQWW CW AB2E SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 22:45:22 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: SNJ

  160:   20     9       11
   80:   62    12       30
   40:  106    17       57
   20:   81    19       51
   15:   33    12       28

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Antennas:
160-15M :160M halfwave dipole fed w/ladder line @50ft.
80M: Inverted-L

Murphy struck bigtime. Saturday morning, the laptop harddrive crashed. All QSOs
up to that point were lost, not to mention everything else I had on there. Turns
out to be a mechanical hardware failure and the data is not recoverable (except
perhaps by an expensive service). Luckily I had backed up the disk about a week
before, so my other data is OK.

Continued the contest using another laptop. Tried to take time to work everyone
on the low bands again on Sat night, but I'm sure there will be a few I did not
work again....my apologies. Some refused to log me, citing "QSO B4", oh well, I
tried.

The new ladder-fed 160 dipole worked well on the other bands, so is a great
antenna until I get the permits to put a tower or 2.

73 and thanks to all for a great contest,
Darrell AB2E