[3830] ARRL 160 N6TV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 2 22:51:38 EST 2007

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV

Total:  QSOs = 427  Sections = 68  Countries = 4  Total Score = 66,024

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My station is on a small suburban lot in a densely populated neighborhood, with
limited room for Rx Antennas.  There's always a lot of S-9 line noise here on
160m.

This year the new KC2TX Magnetic Loop arrived just in time, and being able to
null the noise made a huge difference.  I know that even with the new antenna
there were still many calls I couldn't pull through, but I did work everything
I could hear, from Maine to Japan.  I know that it is definitely working better
than anything else I've ever tried here.

See you in the CQ 160 contest next month.

Rig:  FT-1000MP, Alpha 87A
Ant:  90' Shunt-fed tower (Omega match), with several yagis as capacity hat.
Rx Ant:  KC2TX 160m Magnetic Loop with ICE 160m pre-amp
Software:  Win-Test 3.18