[3830] ARRL 10 N5AU SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 19:08:28 EST 2007

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5AU
Operator(s): N5AU
Station: N5AU

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Rockwall, TX

   CW:  669    57
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  669    57  Total Score = 152,760

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  FT1000MP/5
Amp:  AL-1500
Ant:  4/4 M2 fixed NE at 100/70  (Es antenna)
      7L M2 at 70 rotary
      5L Telrex fixed SE at 50

We had a great Es opening on Sunday.   Signals were louder than most days on 20
meters.   This made finding the few DX stations much harder, but I was able to
have several good runs, which is tough at this QTH now due to loud 24/7 local
noise.

6Y1V had a good signal Sat morning early.   I'm sure his 7/7 has something to
do with this, but normally the closer Caribbean doesn't come through until
later in the day, but not this time.    D2NX, ZS4JAN, and ZS1EL were the only
African stations I worked.   PJ2T was loud for a brief time Sunday morning,
along with HD2A, CV5K, WP4I, and NP2L, plus quite a few PY, LU and CE stations.
  The deep SA stations never got as loud as normal.   Very strange conditions.
I called HK1KYR for a while Sat morning on the 7L and KW, but nothing doing.
XE1ZW was also having hearing problems.   I never heard any EU or Pacific.   I
heard LR2F work KH6MB late on Sun, but not a sound from the KH6 side.

If you have been watching the solar flux numbers recently, you have noticed we
are starting up.   This latest rise could be just another spike up and then
drop back, but it also might be the start of something good.   It's near the
time for things to start moving upward.