[3830] ARRL 10 WB9Z SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 21:11:12 EST 2007

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WB9Z
Operator(s): WB9Z
Station: WB9Z

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24+

   CW:  429    56
  SSB:  427    51
-------------------
Total:  856   107  Total Score = 274,990

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I have always liked the ARRL 10m contest.... I can remember working 2,500+
stations and 100 countries from Illinois during the last sunspot peak.

This is the first 10m contest I have done from IL since 2002.  The past 4 ARRL
10m contest have been done at PJ2T, either single operator or with other CCC
operators.  I really missed operating this contest with one of my best friends
in the world W0CG/PJ2DX, at PJ2T.

It looks like I might have made a good choice to stay home and help look after
my 85 year old mother and take care of other personal headakes.

The openings were rare and 10m reminded me of 6 meters in a VHF contest.

It sure was fun to run FL and other NE/E/SE/S/SW/W  USA stations on Saturday
evening on both modes.  TX stations were in here most of the time.  The TX
stations should really cleaned up in this one.

The ice storm during Saturday night and Sunday morning, de-tuned my Skyhawk
and C31XR/h and forced me to run low power on the bottom of the band, and even
lower power up the band.... on SSB.
I'm looking forward to getting some mono-banders back up on 10m , which are
much more forgiving with ice.

Nice to be called by D2NX, VP8NO, XF4YW, PJ2T, HP1AC & a couple ZS stations.
No Pacific stations were worked... not even KH6.

As per one of my favorite "sayings"... "Never give up, never surrender".

In the last 10 minutes of the contest I picked up new multipliers,

VE1SKY in NS  and VO1KVT in NF.

Looks like I will be in IL for the Stew Perry TBC... hope to work most of you
serious radio ops then.

WB9Z