[3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Dec 14 06:40:11 EST 2007

                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 14

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: va

  160:   1      1
   80:  10      8
   40:   9      8
Total:  20     17  Total Score = 340

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first time on in many months. I vow to fix my TR program problems --
I still have some wrong settings and I just haven't focused on fixing them
yet--I apologies to the few who had to wait for me to send manually....

40m here was great in the SNS, right up until the 330Z time, and then it became
horrible here in Southside Virginia. Dont know what happened, but its as if
someone through a switch, and 80m wound up to be much better for me, even with
a G5RV that is now a sloper to the ground. I hope I didnt have an antenna
setting in the wrong position (!).....

This was my first concentrated time with a new Yaesu FT2000 - WOW! what a great
improvement over what I had been used to. I am using an 80m full size delta loop
antenna close to the ground for RX, and it sure helps pull signals out.

However, I noticed that for a couple of minutes on 80m, I had the RIT offset by
a fair ways (Still learning the ropes on the new rig), so my apologies if people
thought I was deaf (I think John K4BAI called me and I was off frequency).

By next week, I will have the TR software configured properly, as I did back in
June while under the caring and watchful eye of N3BB, and will hopefully have
had the chance to log a few more hours learning how to use this great new
rig!!!  I would welcome any Hints or Suggestions anyone has regarding how to
maximize contesting prowess using an FT2000 (such as how to adjust/set filters,
use the B VFO, etc.)

Thanks to all the great ops, and to NCCC/ W9RE/ The Boring ARC and the
CTDXCCers who put this show on the air each week...It sure was fun to be back
on, now with a top rate receiver...... Ahh, but these puny wire antennas at 30'
are another story......Some day we will solve that one.