[3830] TBDC K5ZD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 20:10:54 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 606  Total Score = 3,244

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Started at 5:20pm local time.  Found 1828 clear so started calling CQ and stayed
there for next 6.5 hours. Had the TV on watching the Patriots-Giants game.

Europe signals were best before 00z.  They went away for awhile, and then came
back at their sunrise.  I think the band was open the whole night, but everyone
had gone to bed.

Took extra care to copy the grids.  Meant a lot of extra repeats, but errors
are costly in the scoring of this contest.

Went to bed at 0830z because rate was so low.  Back on for a little around
sunrise and was rewarded with KH6LC as my best DX.

Distance scoring is cool, but tough on those of us in the center of the
population areas.  Too many 1 pointers!

QSO/ by hour and band

 Hour      160    Total     Cumm    OffTime

D1-2200Z  66/0    66/0      66/0
D1-2300Z  74/0    74/0     140/0
D2-0000Z  75/0    75/0     215/0
D2-0100Z  74/0    74/0     289/0
D2-0200Z  59/0    59/0     348/0
D2-0300Z  55/0    55/0     403/0
D2-0400Z  49/0    49/0     452/0
D2-0500Z  35/0    35/0     487/0
D2-0600Z  35/0    35/0     522/0
D2-0700Z  29/0    29/0     551/0
D2-0800Z  21/0    21/0     572/0      33
D2-0900Z    -      0/0     572/0      60
D2-1000Z    -      0/0     572/0      60
D2-1100Z   9/0     9/0     581/0      38
D2-1200Z  22/0    22/0     603/0
D2-1300Z   3/0     3/0     606/0

Total:   606/0