[3830] RAC Winter VE9DX SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 20:13:31 EST 2007

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE9DX
Operator(s): VE9DX
Station: VE9DX

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  129              5
   80:  169              8
   40:  217              9
   20:  285              9
   15:   33              6
   10:   10              2
Total:  843     0       39         0  Total Score = 152,256

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Very seldom moved much... Thus very few S&P contacts.
No SSB contacts whhat so ever. No mic.
Took 3 different attemps before I finally got EJ on 10 CW.
Heard VE4, 5, 6 and 7 on 160 but no joy.
SWR went crazy Saturday about noon due to heavy ice build up
on the vertical.This truely is an old fashoned winter.
Lost power Saturday for a bit... back to the old paper logs
for a bit as I was battery for a bit.  Kinda nice, no line noise
but paid for it today as I had to enter almost 300 contacts
from the paper logs.
Almost quit several times.
To all that called in 07 - many thanks.
Hopefully 2008 will bring better conditions.
Happy New Year everyone... 73 Andy (VE9DX)