[3830] RAC Winter VY2RAC(VY2LI) SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 21:06:00 EST 2007

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VY2RAC
Operator(s): VY2LI
Station: VY2LI

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 13:42

  160:    8      4       2         3
   80:   11    148       5         7
   40:    8     38       3         8
   20:    8    285       3         9
   15:    2      8       2         4
   10:    1      1       1         1
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:   38    484      16        32  Total Score = 172,896

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Second year to operate RAC bonus station from the QTH which was a bit crippled
this time around.Decided to operate low power since my SB-220 is undergoing
some updates and figured VY2RAC and PEI would probably be worth a few DB.I
think I figured wrong.Bands were not great and VY2RAC just never seemed to
generate that much attention.Yagi has taken a few hits during early winter
storms and is missing a couple of elements.I put in as much time as possible,
but there was the usual housekeeping for holiday wellwishers and minor
errands.I know I suffered in the CW department which is not my forte but I
tried my best to put it out there.Strangely, the majority of responsess to cw
CQs were from USA;in fact, many of my CQ periods on the half-hour went
unanswered.Is my code that bad??? Don't answer that!!! Never heard a
Territory,so guess I am unlucky in that department.All in all it was still a
lot of fun and it was an honor to operate with the bonus call.It was worth it
to hear the reaction from a few stations when I just 'dropped in' to give them
PEI and the RAC bonus.Hope we got into your log.73,Bill