[3830] TBDC KU5B(@NX5M) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 21:11:55 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Somerville, TX

Total:  QSOs = 311  Total Score = 1,254

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Big thanks to Bob and family for their generous hospitality as usual.

I'm now wishing I'd stated on longer than I did but a couple factors came into
play in this one. 1) I'd been recording Schumann Konzertstuck (awesome piece if
you haven't heard it) on Wed and Fri until 2am so I was a little tired come
Saturday. 2) Didn't really feel motivated.

I arrived around noon on Saturday thinking I'd get on around 5pm and go
straight thru with just a couple of breaks. Well, Bob and I got started on a
beverage project and by the time we'd finished for the day, I was extremely
wiped out. While out hunting dove around 5ish, his daughter came out and said
there was a problem with the computer. Upon arriving at the house, we
discovered that it was a virus in the C: drive...great. We tried to fix it for
an hour or so and finally gave up around 6 to eat dinner.

So...I started at 7pm or so. Everything was going great and I took a break at
10:30 thinking I'd go back at 11 and take another break at 1:30. Well, as luck
would have it, I started to feel extremely tired around 12:30 and finally just
fell asleep at the radio around 1am; and didn't wake up until 9:30am.

We had breakfast shortly thereafter and I stayed most of the day helping him
work on the new East beverage of which we got 600ft or so done.

Thanks for all the q's. It was fun while I was on!

Colin KU5B