[3830] RAC Winter VE3RM M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 22:10:26 EST 2007

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE3RM
Operator(s): VA3NPL, VA3OV, VA3YOJ, VE3AP, VE3BOA, VE3OKK, VE3TKN, VE3RM, VE3WIB
Station: VE3RM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: L'Orignal

  160:    4       7      2         1
   80:   21     151      5         8
   40:  116     284      8        11
   20:   39     591      6        11
   15:   11      14      4         2
   10:    0       2      0         0
    6:    3      13      1         1
    2:    0       2      0         1
Total:  194    1064     26        35  Total Score = 377,346

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

All reports sent were 59(9) ON, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description: Yaesu: FT-920, FT-1000MP, Kenwood: TS950SDX, TS-940,
TM-700, Icom IC-575H. Alpha 87A & 76A.

Antennas:

160 meter: Dipole + T
80 meter dipole
40 meter : 402CD + Dipole
20, 15 & 10 meter Bencher Skyhawk + TH5
6 meter: Cushcraft A50-6
2 meter: 2 x 7/8 vertical

Comments: Our operation was planned to have 3 or 4 stations always on the
air to give the chance to the new contesters operate as much time as
possible for them. Don -VE3RM- is trying to get new operators involved in
contests and he is doing a great job on that.
More new VA3-VE3 are comming to work SSB/CW from Don's and getting hooked with
the contest fever.

VE6RAC was the loudest signal in all bands.  Working 3 VE8 and 2 VY1 stations
was very nice also, but only one VY2.

High points: To see again VE3RM himself operating CW in a contest, it was the
BEST for me. The six meter openning, on Saturday noon, we have worked several
FL and AL stations with big signals.

I want to THANKS again to Don VE3RM to be a wonderful host and work hard
to get more people involved in the world of amateur radio contesting.

Happy new year to everybody from the VE3RM's gang

73, Claudio VE3AP