[3830] TBDC K0PK Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 22:19:03 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN37 - northern MN

Total:  QSOs = 233  Total Score = 3,140

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Didn't have time for a full 14 hr. effort, but I enjoyed every minute! Did
better in this one with QRP than I did in the Oct. warm-up with QRO. Beat last
year's QRP effort (which somehow got listed as high-power in the results) by a
good margin. Clive, GM3POI, did a great job pulling my 4.75 watt signal out of
the noise. Also nice to work KH6LC & KV4FZ. Heard CE1/K7CA well for a long
time, but couldn't break thru. Same for KL7 and a few EU & JA's. QRP does have
its limitations, especially from the auroral rim of the black hole! QRN was
fairly heavy between 0500 and 0900Z. Setup: FT-2000, TS-940S, OHR WM-2
monitoring 4.75 watts, N1MM. Antennas: TX - 95' tribander-loaded, shunt-fed R25
vertical. RX - 80m CFZ, 290'E/W Beverage. Thanks for digging my QRP signal out
of the noise & CU in CQWW 160!  73 & HNY   Paul, K0PK