[3830] MnQP NO5W Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 4 15:43:32 EST 2007

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   40:     37        0
   20:     16        0
-------------------------
Total:     53        0  Mults = 33  Total Score = 3,498

Having spent about six months in Minneapolis a few years ago on a project during
the dead of winter I wondered if there really would be any mobiles out for the
MNQP. But it was a cold day here in south Texas (37F is cold by our standards)
and a good day to start out by tuning in the MNQP while enjoying the second
cup. Checking the weather channel revealed the temp in MN to be a full 44F
below mine so I had my doubts. But tuning 40M there they were: N0IM, W0ZQ,
NE9U, AC0W and several others all mobile -- amazing.

Band conditions were pretty lousy down here. I took a break in the early
afternoon to run some errands and when I returned around 2100Z things had
gotten ugly with wall-to-wall RTTY QRM and a very loud buzzing on 40M and not
much activity that I could hear on 20M. It kind of reminded me of the scene
from the first Star Wars where Hans Solo has gotten trapped in the trash
compactor with the walls closing in and crud being dumped on top of him. It
must have been tough for the mobiles.

Thanks to the mobiles for braving the cold and QRM to make the party
interesting,

73/Chuck/NO5W