[3830] NA Sprint CW K0CAT(N6ZFO) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 01:38:58 EST 2007

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K0CAT
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:45

---------------------

Team: Sprinting On All Fours

Comments:

-- KA9FOX invited me to join  his first-ever Sprint Animal Team hence the
callsign K0CAT.  I thought he should have used his own call, but in an effort
have a "RAT-pack" team Scott chose to adopt K9RAT (canine rat ???) for his use.
   I almost  achieved "worked all animals" in the sprint, missing only KM0O,
even working the unusual Canine Sex thing (how did that one get in the
group??).  AC0W was on only briefly,so was pleased to work him.
 --   It  was interesting to come into the Sprint with a brand new callsign and

no practice . . that caused very few problems.   I did all the CW by hand
sending, i.e. no computer assisted CW.
--    Following someone's suggestion, I added an L network at the base of my
160
meter vertical to adapt it to 80 m.  It  seemed to work very well., adding an
ease of communication previously unknown to my meager 100 watts.