[3830] NA Sprint CW N6RO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 02:43:57 EST 2007

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   80:  122    1:50
   40:  116    1:20
   20:   86    0:50
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #1

Comments:

Rates:
106, 68, 81, 70.  58 Bandchanges, ~50 second radio Qs.

Was eagerly looking forward to this one, as I'd missed many recent Sprints due
to music business conflicts, but this ended up in disappointment.  Off to a
good start (61 in first 30 min on 20m, one radio).  Then I went to SO2R mode
and mild disaster set in.  Although I practice sprints each week on Thursdays,
I used a different TR config file and the special SO2R features went bonkers:
ALT-D and CQ on other radio- They sent exchanges on the wrong radio, or no
exchange at all, so did a lot of lid hand-sending.  I had several lockups and
QSO gaps of 4 minutes in the second hour (40m prime-time)when resetting the
computer and trying to figure out what went wrong.  In third hour I went to a
'manual' SO2R mode and things improved, but too late for a big SO2R boost.
Last hour was slow as I'd worked out 80m, and very few on 40m. Heard, but out
of phase for NH and WV.  Oh well, Sept. is coming.

Shared the station with K6AW who did the RTTY WPX and during breaks, set up
five stations for the ARRL DX test next weekend (Tnx Steve)  Next Thurs. NCCC
practice will be NS rules.  I hope to get my software (and brain) fixed by
then!  ro