[3830] ARRLDX CW K9NW(@K9UWA) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 23:04:02 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: IN

Total:  842   340  Total Score = 858,840

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

First QSO was at 2357z Saturday night.  I'd planned to be around for most of the
weekend but after spending way too much time digging, scraping and picking at
snow and ice to get my car out of the DAY parking lot Friday afternoon, I was
cold, wet and irritated so I went home for the night instead.  Woke up to snow
Saturday morning.  Real possibility of bagging the whole thing. About noon the
radar started to look like if I could get about an hour north the weather would
be much better so I jumped in the car about 2000z and set off on the 3 hour
drive.....which took closer to 4 hours....

Condx seemed pretty decent all things considered.  Spent most of the time just
tuning up and down the bands and chasing spots.  Occasionally a clear frequency
would present itself so I felt compelled to CQ a bit.  Put about 18 hours in the
chair.

A lot of road time for a partial effort but I'd really hate to completely miss
one of the big ones!

73, Mike K9NW