[3830] IARU W6XR SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 16 13:58:39 EDT 2007

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WNY

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:   19      0      5       5
   40:  104      0     16      23
   20:  226     39     20      22
   15:   45     13      9      10
   10:    5      4      4       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  399     56     54      60  Total Score = 148,998

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The IARU was the first run for my new "downsized" QTH. Gone are the three towers
and miles of radials on hilltop acres.  All the antennas are done except 80 and
160 and I am happy with how the stationh is playing on 40 through 10 whare all
on one tower.  The conditions were not that good here in Upstate NY but many
European stations worked their way into the log.  Turned the antennas to the
west and quickly found the expected Pacific mults indicating the propogation
was not so bad for that path.

Couldn't do much more than 7 hours as I'm in a damn body cast due to a broken
back and sitting was an adventure and would have probably concerned my docs,
but they aren't contesters.  The IARU is a good chance to see what additional
work needs to be done before fall arrives and it's apparent 80 and 160 need
work!  Thanks to all who called as your QSO is apreciated.

W6XR is a single radio Ten Tec Orion II and a Kenwood TL922 running Writelog.
The tower is 89' tall and is home to Force 12's 240N and C31XR.

160 Nothing yet