[3830] ANARTS VE6CNU SOST LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 11 00:29:13 EDT 2007

                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: SOST LP
QTH: Calgary

   80:
   40:    1    40     1
   20:  148  1394    44
-------------------------
Total:  149  1434    45  Continents = 6  Total Score = 387,580

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

I was just getting things in order for Field Day and heard a bunch of RTTY
activity.  Never having done an RTTY contest before, I decided I would see if I
could figure out how to do it using N1MM.  It took a bit of doing, but I figured
it out enough to get into the flow, even though the contest was about mid way.
I ran my FT-1000MP at about 50% power (50W) and mostly used my TH6 up at 13m to
work 20m.  I did try my dipole out on 40m and managed only one QSO (ZM2B).  10m
and 15m were dead here.  Nevertheless, I had a lot more fun that I expected and
hope to do more RTTY contests in the future.  I like the scoring in this
contest, as it seems to add up quickly.  I even managed to work four VKs on
Saturday night, and probably could have worked a few more, but the XYL wanted
to watch a movie together.

Hope to see everyone again next year and thanks to all those who pulled me
through the noise.

Jerry
VE6CNU