[3830] OkQP K4BK SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 11 21:17:08 EST 2007

                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: K4BK
Operator(s): K4BK
Station: K4BK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Jacksonville, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 13:50

  160:      0       0
   80:      5       0
   40:     45       0
   20:     25       0
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
------------------------
Total:     75       0  Mults = 33  Total Score = 7,650

Pitiful…Pitiful…Pitiful!  This year’s effort is barely half of what I was
able to do last year with only a 3-band dipole up 15 feet (not meters).  The
propagation gods certainly were not smiling this weekend, at least not at my
QTH.  I was not surprised, but I was disappointed at the lack of 10 and 15
meter activity.  80 Meters was not much better.  And the noise… well enough
said about that.  And my grandchildren have not acquired an appreciation for
contesting, nor should they until they are able to talk.  I had visitors so I
pushed strollers, pulled wagons and kept the swings swinging.  Several visits
to the back yard were so unexpected that I forgot to log off of the logging
program.  The posted operating time is not accurate.  During their snack breaks
and naps, I found time to work some Oklahoma stations.  It’s a sad time when
my brother Gordon, K4OD, just beats my socks off.  I can usually stay close to
him.  There is always next year and I am looking forward to it.  Thanks to the
OKDXA for a great contest.  And also to the rovers who put some nice signals on
the air this weekend.

Collins 75S-3C and 32S-3
Hustler 5 Band Vertical
Inverted Vee on 80 Meters