[3830] OkQP K5L(K5YAC) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 11 22:44:51 EST 2007

                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: K5L
Operator(s): K5YAC
Station: K5YAC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Owasso, Rogers Cnty

  160:
   80:               1
   40:      2       45
   20:     16      241
   15:               1
   10:
------------------------
Total:     18      288  Mults = 58  Total Score = 36,540

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Got off to kind of a slow start due to band conditions Saturday morning, and
because I wasn't feeling my best.  Took a break around 11 and came back at it
in the afternoon.  Lots of activity on 20M SSB!  VP2E drug me up to 15M for my
only Q on the band.  Worked for a few more hours but couldn't shake a serious
headache so I called it quits around 4:30 on Saturday and took a nap... didn't
wake up till after quitting time... bummer.

Got started around 10 on Sunday morning (or was that 11?), anyhow I found the
bands in pretty good condition despite the storms in the area.  I spent most of
my time on 20M SSB and didn't go down to 40M until around 1:00... big mistake.
Sounds like 40M was a good place to be, wish I had spent more time there.  I
intended to do more digital work, but there didn't seem to be many takers.

Only worked 4 counties and 3 1x1 calls (K5A, K5P, W5O), but it sounds like it
was a heck of a show out there.  Thanks to all that participated.

73,
Mark