[3830] NCCC Sprint W5JAW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 29 23:29:52 EST 2007

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Mar 30

Call: W5JAW
Operator(s): W5JAW
Station: W5JAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .45

  160:   0      0
   80:   7      5
   40:  22      9
   20:  15      4
-------------------
Total:  44     18  Total Score = 792

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Carolina Windom @ 30 ft
12 vertical for 80/160
SO1R

I made another setup goof on WL while changing back to the old format.  I
opened up a NAQP template instead of Sprint, so had no field for the other
guy's NR.  Made two qso's before glancing at screen and seeing the weird
entries.  Had to shut it down and reload, import the right messages again, etc.
 Lost about 3 minutes -- seemed like 20.

When I finally settled down, things went smoothly the rest of the time.  20 was
better than last two times, but 40 was my best band.  Still can only run 25
watts on 80 due to RFI problems at neighbor's.

80 was S9++ noise due to storms north of us.  Didn't try 160 at all.  Am using
the same 12 ft vertical on 80 and 160, and need to manually go out on deck to
switch bands.  Not good for contesting!

Thanks for the good ears on 80.

Jim, w5jaw