[3830] CQWW CW WA4DOU SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 22:58:56 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WA4DOU
Operator(s): WA4DOU
Station: WA4DOU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC (05)
Operating Time (hrs): 26:03

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   87    14       43
   40:  154    21       76
   20:  272    24       91
   15:  119    21       63
   10:   16     8       10

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

This was my first planned contest. I allocated 10 hours for sleep, 5 hours for
breaks and 33 operating. Of course, the plans fell apart quickly. The 80/40
meter inverted vee fell on the ground, rope broke. Planned to work 40 with a
5BTV over 30 quarterwave radials but it became the only 80/40 meter antenna.
Last minute plans to erect a 45 ft. high top loaded vertical for 80/160 just
before the start didn't materialize. Began the contest feeling tired and it was
downhill from there. 10 meters did open for a bit on Sunday and provided a few
multipliers. Worked quite a few stations on 4 bands including 3X5A.

Rig:      FT-897D @ 100 watts
Antennas: Force 12 C3SS @ 53 ft. (16 meters)
          5BTV ground mounted over 30 radials 35 ft. long

If I ever get serious about contesting I'll use the Omni VI+ & FT-990.

Thanks all for the qso's and c u all next time! 73 Roy