[3830] CQWW CW W6/VK2IMM SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 23:02:05 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6/VK2IMM
Operator(s): VK2IMM
Station: W6/VK2IMM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: San Jose, CA

   80:   62    13       19
   40:  133    23       47
   20:  137    23       45
   15:   59    18       35
   10:    6     3        3

Rig: TS-530S
Ant: Two classic trap verticals (12avq, 5 btv), elevated. Phased with couple of
switches and delay lines into a switchable array on 10/15/20 and as a single
vert on 40/80.
Log: N1MM

Propagation was fine. High bands were a bit of disappointment though. 15M did
not offer as wide coverage as I hoped. 10 M had a glimpse of propagation on
Saturday morning which I missed but I still collected a few multipliers there
later. 20 M was not as good as I hoped as conditions to EU were not great from
here. Only OH stations worked. Several more stations heard early mornings but
running low power did not help there.

40M on the other hand was going and going with more QSOs and multipliers. Not
enough power to complete Long Path EU contacts. 80 M was great too even with my
small antenna - really loud signals from zones 19 and 25.

My station seems to be running to it's limits trying to get to zones 28,26,27
in such conditions.. Thanks to Rich 9m2cnc for picking my signal on 40 m. 9m8yy
was a nice double mult on 20 m with minutes to the end.

In general, I picked up a few more mults over what I had planned, with 40m
providing much better contribution than what I was expecting. Final score is 6%
up from the year before.

Two 5 band stations in my log - KH6LC and KH7X - great work from Hawaii guys!

Many thanks for all the QSOs.

Sergey