[3830] CQWW CW N6WG SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 23:27:59 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Newark CA

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   11     5        4
   40:   53    13       22
   20:  112    18       27
   15:   42    15       27
   10:    1     1        1

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This turned out to be a much better event than I had expected.
In spite of zip sunspots and somewhat noisy bands, the DX just
kept coming.  It was great.  At times it seemed like shooting
fish in a barrel.  I would call, and get an immediate reply,
Like no one knew I was QRP :-).  If this is how we do with no
sunspots, who needs them!
I had six different hours where my S&P rate was over 10 QSOs
per hour, including band changes.  My new strategy seems to work.
The weather stayed dry this time, allowing me to concentrate on
operating and not on trying to get wet 450 0hm feedline back in
matched condition.
My (in)famous WimpyWire antenna system was on its best behavior
this weekend, allowing me to get around the bands quickly, looking
for new stations.  I even worked three Chinese stations.  Wow, the
first and only time I've worked China before was back in 1998.
All in all, a great weekend.  Hope you had as much fun as I
did.  Hope to see you all in the next contest.
73, Bob N6WG