[3830] CQWW CW KH7B(K4XS) SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 23:28:35 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7B
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7B

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: KH6

   80: 1171    31       70
Total: 1171    31       70  Total Score = 350,066

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My first CW contest from the Pacific.  It sure is nice being able to work W/K
for 3 pointers.  Lots of activiity the first night with lots of good strong
signals and a very quiet band.  I finished the first night with 950 QSOs and
thought I would surely beat the old Oceania record.  It was not to be.

The second night really stunk.  The band opened much later than the first day
and signals were much weaker.  The worst part was the gigantic static crashes.
Guys with signals I would have been able to run the night before before now took
three or four repeats.  In seven hours of operation I made a grand total of 271
QSOs and could see the record was not going to beaten this year.  After CQing
for five minutes with signals I couldn't copy with the crashes, and then coming
up empty handed after S/Ping for the needed mults, I decided to call it a night
at around 10 PM local time.

It was good to work lots of old friends after being QRT for all this time.

After being stuck on 80 meters for the last six weeks, I hope to get the rest
of the antennas up for the higher bands in the next few weeks...maybe even a
160 antenna will sprout in a month or two.