[3830] CQWW SSB NX9T SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 28 19:50:16 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NX9T
Operator(s): NX9T
Station: NX9T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NC

  160:    7     4        5
   80:   38    13       23
   40:   37    15       29
   20:  116    20       56
   15:  316    20       60
   10:   33     8       16

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, that was interesting.  Band conditions really weren't so bad (at least
while I was on).  I didn't have much time alone in the shack this weekend as my
wife was out of town and it was just "me and the boys" at the house.  I did
manage a few hours here and there while they played computer or watched a
little football.  I experienced periodic SWR problems on the Quad for the first
time ever.  Apparently, a few drops of the over 4 inches of rain we received on
Thurs/Frid. found it's way to the connector.  It did dry out it seems on Sunday
and things were better.  Guess it is an issue though that will require attention
since it surely won't "fix itself."

I had the fun of a couple runs but most of my operation was S/P which is not my
favorite way to operate.  Ohwell.  Another year or so and we'll be back to wide
open 10 and 15m which plays well to my little station.

It was great to run in to so many of you all.

73 and Good DX!
Jeff NX9T
www.qsl.net/nx9t