[3830] CQWW SSB VE6WZ SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 28 20:49:27 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  532    18       33

Rig: Icom IC-7800
Ant: 2 el Yagi 100’

Was hoping for better conditions on 80m, but I was shut out of EU, although I
did copy some SP EU, but no QSO’s. Also had good copy on 4L4WW via LP in the
morning but he couldn’t hear me. SA and Caribbean was solid though.
Asia was not well represented, and Oceania was “thinner than usual”. B3C
had a consistent signal but no ears for my signal.
All-in-all I came up quite short on mults compared to previous years.

No visits from Murphy, which was good.....everything worked fine and I had
fun.

Thanks to everyone who answered my CQ’s!!!

73, de steve ve6wz.