[3830] FlQP K5YAA SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 29 14:48:53 EDT 2008

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: OK

   40:   20      0
   20:  112     27
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  132     27  CW Mults = 56  Ph Mults = 16  Total Score = 28,152

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

For all those who back pack up mountains with a 1 watt transmitter, small
battery and a piece of wire - I feel your pain!

I set up at a campsite using dual hamstiks, a TS850 and battery power.  Used my
bug, paper logging and a mental dupesheet.  Was convinced I would make only a
handful of Qs but with the ears those Florida mobiles have I surprised myself.
Congrats for outstanding operating.

The ops in the K4OJ mobile have an ESP copy machine I am sure!  My S-Meter
wasn't moving much of the time yet many mobiles answered what had to be nothing
more than a whisper from my meager setup.  My thanks for such intense
concentration!  Made my camping trip, being able to spend a few hours on the
radio.  I actually considered a sweep might be possible but missed 11 counties
on CW.  I know they were there when I wasn't on.  Just got wore out without my
home QTH beams pointing to Florida.

A big thanks to the Florida group for their hard work.