[3830] NAQP CW W4KAZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 3 11:58:44 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC

  160:    0     0
   80:    9     7
   10:   17     9
-------------------
Total:  301   109  Total Score = 32,809

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I choose to try to run stations again, and had success despite my QLF
tendencies.  The start of the contest was interesting.  I worked three stations
on 10m, then a thunderstorm  popped up overhead.  Pull plug.

After the thunderstorms played hokie-pokie, dodging left and right, I got back
on around 2000z, S&P'ing a few on 15m and 10m, then setting up camp on 20m to
run.  I got about an hour in before a break for dinner with the family.

When I got back on I picked up a few more on 10m, then set up shop on 15m.
Probably missed some of 10 meters, but I had fun on 15m.  Later migrating to
20m worked, but 40m and 80m were terrible.  Ick.  No fun there.

73 es cu on ssb de w4kaz