[3830] NAQP CW KL8DX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 3 13:52:12 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): A few

Total:  175    47  Total Score = 8,225

Club: Alaska DX Club

Team:

Comments:

A less than part time effort from this station. I had several
requests to QSY to 15 meters but it was just not going to happen.
Needless to say, 15 was dead all afternoon. I didn't even bother
to try 10 meters. I did QSY to 40 a few times with success but
until I get a better 40 meter antenna up, my 100 watts seem to
fade off at my property line.

Lots of noise and QSB on 20 meters but was surprised how late
I was able to work back to the east coast. I did some S&P but
mostly called CQ for the short times I was on the air. I stuck
to the upper deck, calling CQ in the nosebleed section of the CW
portion.

The contact that sticks in my mind the most was with NR0L. It
was the name he used that caught my attention. QRZ.com explains
the rest. Sad news for sure but on a positive note, one of the
neatest photos (QSL card?)I have seen is posted there,too.

Busy getting my daughter moved for college so I only had a few
hours to dedicate to this contest. I like the NAQP as it drops
the senseless contesting RST report.  It's also interesting to see
some of the different names used.

Phil
Denali National Park, AK