[3830] NAQP CW K5KA M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 3 13:53:05 EDT 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K5KA
Operator(s): K5KA,K5YAA,N5KO,N5RZ
Station: K5KA

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: OK

Total: 1725   260  Total Score = 448,240

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Team:

Comments:

What a nice surprise to see 10 and 15 meters show some life and duration.  And
20 meters here was just amazing.  Trey, N5KO joined us from California and got
to experience some of our balmy Oklahoma summer wx ... Saturday afternoon
temperature reached 106 in the shade.  We all had a great time operating the
contest.  My special thanks to Trey and Gator for putting up the beverages in
the intense heat Friday, as I'm still recovering from a health issue and don't
have much stamina yet.  Of course, Jerry, K5YAA brought his bug with him and he
makes is sound like an automatic keyer.

Thanks again to all those stations that move to other bands for us M/2's.
And it was nice to put KL7RA in the log on 80 meters, as it had to be daylight
for Rich.  Our setup worked fine except the one time Gator managed to crash a
PC, then lecture it for 5 minutes ... quite entertaining.

73, Ken K5KA