[3830] WAE CW CT1ENQ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 10 20:55:19 EDT 2008

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: CT1ENQ
Operator(s): CT1ENQ
Station: CT1ENQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN51uk
Operating Time (hrs): 18,28

   80:    4    0      8
   40:   36    0     54
   20:   91    5     52
   15:   27    0     36
   10:   12    0     20
-------------------------
Total:  170    5    170  Total Score = 29,750

Club: Northern Portugal DX Group

Comments:

First time on WAE CW Contest, i felt i was the only CT1 :) Endless qsy's for the
multipier. Well i listened CT/LZ3FN...
I should be awarded, the QSY Station :) eheh.

My station is modest and my CW skills as well. Rig does not have CW narrow
filter so it is difficult to work the bands when everyone is near to each
other. The IF Shift can help but sometimes it was so crowded that is was
difficult.

On hihger bands signal were on the threshold of noise but it was nice to see
10m and 15 openings. The lower bands were noise, maybe because of higher A and
K values. 80m was basically noise.

Nice to work YE1ZAT but it was impossible to break BA7IO pile-ups on 20 and
40m. Many stations could not hear me but anyway, it was fun like always. Only
worked around 18h, mostly S&P but did a litle of running too with nice results
for a rookie like me. Must get an external Keyer as my ic-706 internal keyer
suffers badly from RF leaks on my poor all-bands, home made, ocf dipole.

Also must say that my tuner is manual and with the endless, QSYs i always took
some time tunning, sorry for that guys.

Thanks all for the Qs.

vy73