[3830] WAE CW ZC4LI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 11 07:08:30 EDT 2008

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: ZC4LI
Operator(s): STEVE
Station: ZC4LI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ESBA Cyprus

   80:  282   185   156
   40:  477   342   126
   20:  707   607   096
   15:  502   500   086
   10:  221   221   062
-------------------------
Total: 2189  1855   526  Total Score = 2,120,832

Club: ESBA

Comments:

SO1R

Antennas:-    C/Craft A3S + 40M add on @ 50ft  Titanex 160HD
Rig:-         Icom-756 PRO3
Amp:-         Acom-1000
Software:-    CT 10.03

Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's.
I started off well but a 4 hour power cut at 0500Z put
paid to my contest strategy, whatever that was !!
The bands were pretty good all round, although a bit
noisy on 80 and 40 while 10 was in and out throughout
the contest.
One highlight was having to go split for a while on 10
to control the pile up, didn't last long enough though.

Gripes.

Why bother entering the WAE DX Contests if you are not
going to send and receive QTC's !!
It is the QTC's that make these contests so different
and enjoyable.
So come on guys give the QTC's a go and enjoy a new experience
in contesting.

My thanks also go to HG1S for wiping me out and turning a deaf
ear to my QSY request.

My log is on LoTW, for paper Qsl's see QRZ.COM

73  and hope to cu in the SARTG next weekend, Steve.