[3830] CQWW CW ON6AB SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 17:14:49 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ON6AB
Operator(s): ON6AB
Station: ON6AB

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Belgium

  160:   93    32        6
   80:   58    34        7
   40:   67    36       12
   20:  239    45       14
   15:   42    21       10
   10:    2     2        1
------------------------------
Total:  501   170       50  Total Score = 199,100

Club: LIR

Comments:

Started a bit late only to make a few nice qrp qso’s.
Things went so good that I kept on going. Good conditions on 20 and 160, bad on
15 and non existing on 10.

All contacts 20 and up made with a terrific AV620 vertical, a real amazing
antenna. Not such a bad thing for search and pounce after all. Fast, no turning
around.

Sunday afternoon things became serious and it was clear I was missing a lot of
multipliers because of no antenna on 40 and 80. I stopped contesting for a few
hours and I went in the garden to set-up my HF2V again.
After that, score went up nicely although on 40 the going was tough with my 5W
in between these huge short skip signals.

I participated in the ASSISTED category since I used the DX cluster to stay
away from the spotted stations and find some calmer areas in between them.  (In
all my naivety I hope everybody log as assisted when using a cluster.)
The game was to work them before they were spotted. After that, I could forget
about it.
All contacts were made on search and pounce. Didn’t call CQ a single time.

73,

Bruno
ON6AB