[3830] ARRL 10 N5TW SO CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 10:17:55 EST 2008

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5TW
Operator(s): N5TW
Station: N5TW

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: TX

   CW:  179    36
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  179    36  Total Score = 25,776

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Friday evening and Saturday morning were quite challenging.   Saturday morning
was the first time I was able to work beyond the vast Texas border.   The band
was mostly open to Florida but did manage to work one Georgia station.   My rig
was an Elecraft K3 and I was using an N8LP Panadapter.   That panadapter was my
secret weapon.   By watching it occasionally, I could see when more than the
locals were coming in.   My operating time actually listening was 13.5 hours
but the higher 20 hour posting reflects the intervals of looking at that
panadapter.   Things opened up a little Saturday evening but I had pretty much
decided to do something else on Sunday based on results.   Sunday was a very
different animal with lots of signals on the panadapter!   I was in the chair
running a frequency for about 9 hours Sunday.   Never heard anyone in the 1 and
2 call areas and never got Oregon or Washington in the 7 area and missed SD.
Worked 3 DX stations - heard more but could not raise them with my 5W.
Working 32 states and one Canadian provence with 5W at the bottom of the cycle
is just way cool.   Thanks for all the stations with good ears that called in!