[3830] RTTY Roundup NP3D/W1(EW1AR) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 8 23:49:37 EST 2008

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NP3D/W1
Operator(s): EW1AR
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WMA

Total: 1317  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 63  Total Score = 158,040

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rig : K1TTT Super Station

Antennas : K1TTT Super Station

Soapbox : I want to thank Dave, K1TTT for letting me use his
Super Station one more time. Propagation was good on all bands, except 10
meters, even 15 meters band was ok.
Two years ago I won WMA Division Plaque relatively easy and hoped to do it
again this year. But, to a nice surprise, I failed, thanks to Dennis W1UE who
worked from W1KM and showed a Super Result! Also Jose N1BAA did a great job. We
were going head to head with Jose within most of the time, but then Jose turned
on his “secret Engine” or something happened and I was behind on over 230
Q’s at the end.  Congrats, Jose!
I would like that every RTTY Contester used the “Real Time Score Board”
when you can see your and everyone’s results and everybody who participate
can view your result in REAL time! This is a great program, guys, take a look
on it. This program keeps you running and gets you lots of adrenaline.
Thanks to all who answered my calls. This was a great Contest, I love ARRL RU
RTTY.
One thing, I really do not understand (well more then one to be exact). I do
not understand how it is possible to make 1843 Q’s using two 100 watts radios
and modest antennas? I asked this question from myself last year. Then imagine
if you are making 1843 Q’s using 100 watts, then how great would be your
score if you upgrade your category and go for High power using 1500 watts? Wow,
that station should be making maybe 5000 or 6000 QSO’s. This is time to
upgrade and shake the world with such a great score, I think.

73’s to all and see you all in the next one. Andrei NP3D/W1 for ARRL RU RTTY.