[3830] CQ160 CW N2BA Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 28 22:58:31 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N2BA
Operator(s): N2BA
Station: N2BA

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: NJ

Total:  QSOs = 775  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 41  Total Score = 204,630

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

OK, that was pretty much fun except that I kind of wish I hadn't used packet.
I'm running low power with a dipole at 45  foot (at the highest point) wrapped
around a bunch of trees on a lot that measures about 65 by 150 foot! I feel
like packet only suggested a few multipliers that I didn't stumble across on my
own and mostly I couldn't work them if they were weak, had any sort of pileup or
were more than about 4,000 miles away.

I've got a better station at a cabin in the country but it is a long way away,
cold and lonely. It sure is nicer to have meals with the family and sleep in my
own bed, even if it is mid-day.

See you next year.

Brooke