[3830] ARRL FD N1YWB 1B QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 8 00:17:30 EDT 2008

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: N1YWB
Operator(s): N1YWB KI6NUH
Station: N1YWB

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: SDG

  160:
   80:          38
   40:          59
   20:          96
   15:          16
   10:           6
    6:
    2:           1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0     216      0  Total Score = 1,080

Club: Other (specify when prompted)

Comments:

N1YWB and KI6NUH, 1B 2 op battery from Mount Laguna in San Diego. I smoked my K2
during setup so we ran our FT-897. We mostly used a Butternut HF6V with 24
radials, and an 80m dipole for NVIS.

Working Field Day on 5 watts with limited antennas is a challenge. Our best
rates were on 15m towards the end, although 20m was our workhorse band. 24
hours of S&P. I think I made all of 4 QSOs CQing. 80 and 40m had horrible noise
levels. 10m never materialized. I was thrilled to work W1NVT on 20m and 15m.

We ran the radio and logging computer from a single solar-charged deep cycle
lead acid battery, augmented with 10 watts of solar panels on site.

216 QSOs for 1080 QSO points, 850 bonus points, total claimed score 1830.

73 de N1YWB -- N1YWB