[3830] ARRLDX SSB N6WG SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 19:41:13 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Newark CA

  160:   1      1
   80:   4      2
   40:  10      8
   20:  38     13
   15:  22     10
   10:   6      3
-------------------
Total:  81     37  Total Score = 8,991

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Sure seems like each contest gets just a bit harder than the last
one.  It's become the norm here to have to sweat for QSOs as we
bump along on the bottom of the solar curve.
Unlike previous contests, nothing heard east of the Atlantic.
At the start, it seems all I was working were KH6 stations.  I
wondered for a moment if I had wandered into the KH6 QSO Party
by error.  Had to recheck the dates :-)
The highlight of this contest was working KH7X on all bands 10m
through 160m with my 5w and wires.  After the last QSO on 160m,
he sent Congratulations on the Sweep.  Really made my day.
Some stations that I used to work that were big beacons on the bands
I never even heard this time.  I wonder if they were even on.
This year my results were about one third less than last year in
points and one fifth less in QSOs.  At least I was able to get on
and have some fun.
I think the most unusual QSO for me was working FO5A/MM on 20m.
This is the on-board station for the Clipperton Island DXpedition
that is on its way to the island.
It was fun, but I'm glad this one is over.  These ssb contests just
remind me why I enjoy cw contests so much :-)
Thanks for all the QSOs.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude